These are the best baked chicken fingers! Only 493 calories including the focaccia, veggies & dip! It’s the secret ingredients that makes these so crunchy, even though they are baked, not deep fried! They only take 5 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes to cook! You may never buy chicken fingers in a box again! xox
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Recipe from page 86 of “Anyone Can Cook Dinner”
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise, light
- 16-20 chicken filets (tenders), boneless, skinless (1 1/2 lbs or 675 g) or cut chicken breasts into strips
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (found near coating mixes)
- 1 tsp original, all purpose seasoning, salt-free
- 1/2-1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- waxed paper (or parchment paper)
- parchment paper (important)
- plum sauce (optional)
- honey (optional)
Veggies and Dip
- 1/4 cup sour cream, light
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning, salt-free
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 head cauliflower or broccoli
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/2 loaf herbed focaccia
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 500° F.
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and seasoning in a small bowl to make veggie dip. Stir together until smooth. Set aside in fridge.
Whisk oil and mayonnaise together in a medium size bowl. Toss chicken filets into bowl and stir to completely coat.
Combine corn flake crumbs and spice, on a large sheet of wax paper. Line a cookie sheet with sides, with parchment paper. Press each piece of chicken into crumbs to completely coat, then arrange on cookie sheet lined with parchment. Place in preheated oven. Set timer for 12 minutes.
Rinse baby carrots and tomatoes. Rinse cauliflower and break apart into small florets. Rinse and slice cucumber. Arrange veggies on plate.
When timer rings chicken is ready.
My family likes dipping our chicken fingers in plum sauce or honey.
493 Calories, 17g of Fat, 33.6g Protein, 52.2g Carbohydrate, 4.8g Fiber
One thought on “Crunchiest Ever Baked Chicken Fingers”
Just looking for your Part 5 of your 5 part series regarding the eat clean system. Watched the initial information on cityline.