This is so creamy and delicious, it tastes like one of those super high calorie pasta dishes from an Italian Restaurant. This whole meal is only 493 calories per serving and is guaranteed to be a family hit!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Total Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb or 450g)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 celery rib
- 5 mushrooms
- 1 can mushroom soup, reduced-sodium (10 fl oz or 284 mL)
- 1 can chicken broth, reduced-sodium (10 fl oz or 284 mL)
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 4 1/2 cups cheese tortellini
- 1 lb or 450g precut veggies (4 cups celery, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 cup sour cream, no-fat
- 1 tsp garlic & herb seasoning, salt-free
- Parmesan cheese, light, grated (optional)
Heat oil in a large stove-top pot at medium. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to pot as you cut. Season with spice and stir until meat is no longer pink and cooked through.
Dice onion and slice celery adding to pot as you cut. Rinse and slice mushrooms. Add to pot.
Add mushroom soup and stir. Gradually add chicken broth and stir. Add milk to pot and stir.
Add tortellini to pot. Reduce heat to simmer. Set timer for 15 minutes or until tortellini is soft. Stir often.
Rinse veggies and arrange on plate.
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and spice in a small mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
Serve tortellini in bowls with veggies and dip on the side. We like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of ours.
493 Calories, 15.7g of Fat, 34.3g Protein, 53.9g Carbohydrate, 3.5g Fiber